These Banana Fudge Pancakes are great for a weekend family breakfast. Top with plenty of whipped Double Cream, fudge sauce and sliced banana and you’re sure to be set up for the day.
120g plain flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
240ml banana fudge flavoured milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 large egg
Vegetable oil for cooking
Double Cream, whipped
• Preheat the oven to 200°F (90°C), with a heatproof plate ready to keep the cooked pancakes warm in the oven.
• In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Pour the dry ingredients into the milk mixture, and stir until combined (do not over mix).
• Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, and coat generously with vegetable oil.
• For each pancake, spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan. Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles, usually about 1 minute. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until brown on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Transfer to the heatproof plate, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until serving.
Serve with whipped double cream, lashings of fudge sauce and sliced banana.